What is a residency by investment?
Who can apply for the residency by investment? Nationals of third States who carry out an investment activity, in person or through a company, which normally leads to at least one of the following situations in national territory for a minimum period of five years :
- Acquisition of immovable property of EUR 500 thousand or more
- Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than EUR 1 million (including investment in shares or shares of companies)
- Creation of at least 10 jobs
- Transfer of capital of € 250,000 or more in support of artistic production, restoration or maintenance of cultural heritage
- Transfer of capital in the amount of 350,000 euros or more applied in scientific and technological research activities
- Acquisition of real estate in the total amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros (in urban rehabilitation area, or buildings built for more than 30 years and completion of rehabilitation of real estate acquired)
- Transfer of capital in the amount of 500 thousand euros or more, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital dedicated to the capitalization of small and medium-sized companies that, for that purpose, present their capitalization plan and if it proves viable
In the case of acquisition of real estate, how is the requirement fulfilled? For investment by means of the acquisition of real estate worth 500 thousand euros or more, the value of this investment can be reduced by 20% (400 thousand Euros) when it is carried out in the low-density territory. This type of investment can be carried out individually or through a sole shareholder company for which the Applicant is the partner. For this type of investment, the Investor will have to demonstrate that it owns the immovable property (or being unable, through a promise-of-purchase contract, with a signal equal to or greater than 500 thousand euros), and can do so from the following form:
- Acquire them on a joint ownership basis, provided that the ARI Requester invests a value equal to or greater than 500 thousand euros;
- Acquire them through a sole proprietorship for which the partner is a member;
- Onerá them, in the part that exceeds the amount of 500 thousand euros;
- Give them lease or for exploration for commercial, agricultural or tourist purposes.